The S&P 500 (SPY) was up 1.26% this week while the Nasdaq 100 (QQQ) and Russell 2000 (IWM) were up 1.29% and 2.18% respectively. The markets keep getting higher, with or without you.
This week was another rotation out of safe sectors to riskier sectors. Industrials (XLI) and consumer staples (XLY) led to the upside [...]
The markets were up a reasonable amount this week and broke-out to higher prices on Friday: S&P 500 (SPY) +1.98%, Nasdaq 100 (QQQ) +3.67%, Russell 2000 (IWM) +2.00%. Let’s take a look at what sectors led in order to see if the move higher looks healthy or not. Generally, we want to see a rotation [...]
Great blog! I have been trading butterflies lately on individual stock names and trying to learn about them. I’m fairly new to options and love the added dimension of volatility. You mention in your blog that skew is important for flies since you’re short the body and long the wings. So a flat skew would [...]
As seen above, the markets were very resilient this week. With the swift movements this market is making, it’s probably best to remain nimble and keep position sizes small. Let’s take a look at what sectors led the market in order to gauge overall sentiment.
Energy, materials, and financials led while utilities, health care, [...]
The S&P 500 was down -2.09% this week while the Nasdaq 100 was down -2.65% and the Russell 2000 -3.24%. Also, volatility started to pick-up, raising concerns for this run. Let’s see what held up well and what sold off for a better indication of the overall health of the markets.
Looks like [...]
- Quick Take On The Markets & Watchlist
- Markets Keep Exploding And Options Watchlist
- Reader Question: Butterflies and Implied Volatility Skew
- What Led The Market This Week? (And Watchlist)
- Defensive Sectors Leading The Market & Watchlist
- Breaking Down This Week’s Winners & Watchlist For Next Week
- What Sectors Are Leading The Market?
- Market Strength and My Watchlist
- Implied Volatility Skew and What It Tells Us
- An Interesting Take on Selling Implied Volatility Here