The S&P 500 (SPY) was up 1.26% this week while the Nasdaq 100 (QQQ) and Russell 2000 (IWM) were up 1.29% and 2.18% respectively. The markets keep getting higher, with or without you.
This week was another rotation out of safe sectors to riskier sectors. Industrials (XLI) and consumer staples (XLY) led to the upside [...]
As seen above, the markets were very resilient this week. With the swift movements this market is making, it’s probably best to remain nimble and keep position sizes small. Let’s take a look at what sectors led the market in order to gauge overall sentiment.
Energy, materials, and financials led while utilities, health care, [...]
The S&P 500 was down -2.09% this week while the Nasdaq 100 was down -2.65% and the Russell 2000 -3.24%. Also, volatility started to pick-up, raising concerns for this run. Let’s see what held up well and what sold off for a better indication of the overall health of the markets.
Looks like [...]
The S&P 500 was up 2.14% this week and has made new all-time highs. Let’s take a look at what sectors led the markets higher:
Energy, financials, and health care led higher while utilities, tech, and consumer staples were relatively weak which indicates a rotation into risky sectors, a positive thing for the markets.
The markets have been very strong over the last quarter as seen in the daily price charts of the S&P 500, Nasdaq 100, and Russell 2000 represented by respective their ETFs, SPY, QQQ, and IWM. All three indexes look to be headed higher as they consolidate through time instead of a price correction.
Mastercard (MA), [...]
- Quick Take On The Markets & Watchlist
- Markets Keep Exploding And Options Watchlist
- Reader Question: Butterflies and Implied Volatility Skew
- What Led The Market This Week? (And Watchlist)
- Defensive Sectors Leading The Market & Watchlist
- Breaking Down This Week’s Winners & Watchlist For Next Week
- What Sectors Are Leading The Market?
- Market Strength and My Watchlist
- Implied Volatility Skew and What It Tells Us
- An Interesting Take on Selling Implied Volatility Here