Although I have been actively following the intraday markets, I have been slacking on my updates. I started my graduate program in the beginning of August and have not traded since then, until today. I have been reading, refining, and paper trading a new event-driven volatility trading strategy. The strategy revolves around earnings announcements and can provide handsome overnight returns.
Aside from this new strategy, I have taken the time to really delve into my studying of implied volatility and skew. Trading with this new found knowledge gives me more confidence when structuring different spreads. I’ll be updating my excel charts and posting different perspective shortly.
Good thing I took a break during the months of August and September because the markets have been anything but easy. My following post will touch on the basics of the event-driven volatility trading strategy using a position that I initiated today on YUM. Stay tuned…
- Quick Take On The Markets & Watchlist
- Markets Keep Exploding And Options Watchlist
- Reader Question: Butterflies and Implied Volatility Skew
- What Led The Market This Week? (And Watchlist)
- Defensive Sectors Leading The Market & Watchlist
- Breaking Down This Week’s Winners & Watchlist For Next Week
- What Sectors Are Leading The Market?
- Market Strength and My Watchlist
- Implied Volatility Skew and What It Tells Us
- An Interesting Take on Selling Implied Volatility Here