A politician says one thing and the opposing side says another, meanwhile, the markets whipsaw back and forth. News headlines have the markets by the balls and the way I see it, this will continue until the Fiscal Cliff issue is resolved.
Like I said previously, economic news is rarely of concern to [...]
Financial success rarely comes overnight. So, until my day of overnight success comes, I’ll continue to execute my plan and work towards the end goal. Don’t ask me to hold my breath though.
Economic news is rarely of concern to my trading style, the reaction of the market to the news is. Don’t get me [...]
Making money should be boring–it’s just confirmation that your process is working. Once you can generate a healthy monthly return, let it compound. Of course! easier said than done. Stalking your swing positions or waiting for your theta to kick-in is like expecting to see abs after a week on the elliptical, it takes time.
Run for the fences, we had a slight pullback!
This is what seemed to be the overruling sentiment this week. We’ve had a huge run over the last few weeks so some consolidation at this point is healthier than your green beans. Nonetheless, we are still playing in new high territory. As they say, a [...]
See this post for my previous thoughts on this trade. The options markets were pricing-in a move of roughly $33.68 (6%) which seemed justifiable. The straddle pricing in Apple (AAPL) has over-priced the move 75% of the time during the last 8 quarters so I felt comfortable selling the vol using this range.
- Quick Take On The Markets & Watchlist
- Markets Keep Exploding And Options Watchlist
- Reader Question: Butterflies and Implied Volatility Skew
- What Led The Market This Week? (And Watchlist)
- Defensive Sectors Leading The Market & Watchlist
- Breaking Down This Week’s Winners & Watchlist For Next Week
- What Sectors Are Leading The Market?
- Market Strength and My Watchlist
- Implied Volatility Skew and What It Tells Us
- An Interesting Take on Selling Implied Volatility Here