View the original post for the July/August 155 put calendar trade here.
After 10 days, this trade was closed today at a price of $1.62 per spread for a return of 10.2% [(162-147)/147].
The ending IV of the July 155 put was 15.05% while the August put was 16.97%. The trade profited from a much larger drop in July IV (~2 pts) vs August IV (~0.5 pt) as well as theta. Ideally, we would rather see back month IV increase but a larger drop in the front vs the bank month can also benefit the trade.
- Quick Take On The Markets & Watchlist
- Markets Keep Exploding And Options Watchlist
- Reader Question: Butterflies and Implied Volatility Skew
- What Led The Market This Week? (And Watchlist)
- Defensive Sectors Leading The Market & Watchlist
- Breaking Down This Week’s Winners & Watchlist For Next Week
- What Sectors Are Leading The Market?
- Market Strength and My Watchlist
- Implied Volatility Skew and What It Tells Us
- An Interesting Take on Selling Implied Volatility Here