Steve Place over at Investing With Options has a great post on the USD/JPY pair and how you can trade it. Using technical analysis and implied volatility analysis, he points out a trend change in the pair and structures an optimal trade. Below are two things he addresses in his post:
While many other markets have been chopped up in ranges, a significant trend change is underway in the Japanese Yen.
Even though volatility has continued to decline in the stock, the implied volatility has stayed fairly elevated. Why is this?
His claims are addressed, question answered, and trade structured in his post located here: A Look into the Yen and How You Can Trade It
- Quick Take On The Markets & Watchlist
- Markets Keep Exploding And Options Watchlist
- Reader Question: Butterflies and Implied Volatility Skew
- What Led The Market This Week? (And Watchlist)
- Defensive Sectors Leading The Market & Watchlist
- Breaking Down This Week’s Winners & Watchlist For Next Week
- What Sectors Are Leading The Market?
- Market Strength and My Watchlist
- Implied Volatility Skew and What It Tells Us
- An Interesting Take on Selling Implied Volatility Here